Monday, August 23, 2010

Unexpected sea day:-(

We were to visit Guernsey today but weather conditions prevented us from tendering to shore.  I was bummed because I had read the "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" book based on WWII occupation of this channel island and was very excited about going there.  Being a firm believer in "a bad start making a good ending" I look forward to a wonderful remainder of the cruise. 

Since we were stuck on the boat, the entertainment staff added extra onboard activities.  I went to dance lessons and Al even joined me for line dancing.  I think he was the only one that got it.  Some of us looked very uncoordinated -- so much for zumba class!

Our Cruise Critic "Meet and Greet" was this afternoon.  It was so much fun to see all the people on our roll call.  I was almost embarassed Kym announced that I had the most posts out of the total of over 3,000.  Some of them probably wished that I had not had so much time on my hands!  There are lots of really nice folks in our "Bravehearts" group.

Tonight was a formal night and we dressed up for dinner.  It is a little extra work but it is nice to dress up once in a while.  Al really does look fine in a tux and it has been good to see him relax a little! 

Tomorrow we have Cobh, Ireland to look forward to -- my first time on Irish soil!  Do not have anything planned so guess we'll figure it out when we get off the ship.  Didn't take the first picture today but will definitley try to get some tomorrow!  Time to hit the hay....

1 comment:

Jones County Heritage Festival said...

Don't forget Hunter's "boy skirt" and "blow pipes". We discussed the prizes you would bring back on Saturday when I visited. Have fun and keep us updated!